Sunday, April 17, 2005

High Price

One of the benefits of being a guy is not having to wear horribly uncomfortable shoes (except those plastic-like ones you get from the rental place for weddings).
Today there was a sidewalk sale at WestVillage. Since Elaine and I didn't have to do any visits for apartment life, we had a free afternoon and walked down there. She had on these really high heels (of which I'm a fan.)
She complained of a blister on the way, but didn't really make too big of a deal about it. But when we stopped into our first store, she looked down and blood was practically rushing out of her shoe. We got her cleaned up with only 4 or 5 on-lookers, strapped a band-aid on, and went on our merry way.
I don't know whether or not to think she's ultra-tough or just crazy....but I'm just glad it ain't me.



When our dog dresses up. Posted by Hello

9 comments:

Diedra Blosser said...

Nice Blog Jerod! Sorry about your wife's blister. Diedra got one the other day, and it meant a new pair of shoes. She wasn't too broken up about it. I guess one can never have too many shoes :-)

matthew said...

Dude,
Why are you such a fan of shoes that makes blood rush from your wife's body? Maybe you should talk to Dr. Barnes.

I hope you carried her back...like Chandler and Monica's boots.

Jerod Starkey said...

Maybe I was a fan until the blood part. It was enough blood to make me kinda queazy....I don't know how I'll feel about them next time she breaks them out.
I offered a piggy back ride - but got shut down.

Anonymous said...

Im glad you've found the techie within once again. You blog is cool but I'm still looking for that star button thingy.

Anonymous said...

In my own defense they are a great pair of shoes...and the piggy back ride would have been much appreciated had I not been wearing too short a skirt which he likes too. Honey...though you could offer the new pair of shoes like Dan did...:)

Anonymous said...

I guess I just don't understand why this Jerod guy likes such things ... we haven't covered that yet in any of my pastoral or bible exposition classes.

Jerod Starkey said...

To my dear friend, Matthew the fundie,
I hope that you can do your best to understand why I like such things. You see, I attended a number of classes at a worldly university taught by pagan professors. I'm still trying to detox from all that they taught me. I should've known better than to try to learn from someone who was a pagan.

matthew said...

oh yeah, i went to baylor too...and ran the bear trail..now i remember...

Anonymous said...

What's the deal? Is this just going to be a weekend blog?