Monday, October 10, 2005

The Fair

Elaine and I went to the fair with a lot of folks from Reunion Church to celebrate the church's 8th anniversary.
I have grown up going to the fair pretty much my whole life (in Waco) - and I remember the hot dogs, funnel cake, cheap glittery motorcycles you ride on a track, little ducks floating in water, and my sister taking me on the Zipper (which I ended up falling in love with).
This year I was on a mission to find the fried peanut butter and jelly - but couldn't find it anywhere....so Elaine and I decided to ride the ferris wheel - since neither of us have and it's the biggest thing there. I guess I didn't know the fair was so dang expensive. $11 just for us to ride that thing that went around twice. Rip off.
If you went to the fair and really did it right, you'd have to spend well over $100 to ride stuff and to eat....and I think that's pretty crappy. To me, the fair is supposed to be a place where you can look at the new cars...and also be surrounded by some nostalgic things unique to Texas - not a place where you have to blow your inheritance to take your family and kids....I mean...skip it and go ride The Cave at Sixflags...

9 comments:

jonny5 said...

it's just not fare.

matthew said...

i think that may be the worst comment i've even seen in the blogging world.

matthew said...

and happy birthday.

matthew said...

and the second post is supposed to say ever.

okay, i'm done now. sorry.

Jerod Starkey said...

yeah. jon's post is pretty bad...and good at the same time.

thanks.

jonny5 said...

i thought it was fare.

matthew said...

kill me now.

Tyson said...

i think jon's comment is in keeping with the genre of the blog (not cheesiness--word-plays; cf. "press the star-key")
not like i carry any credibility on this blog seeing's i don't ever (that's for matt) know who jerod is.

Jerod Starkey said...

tyson - you come highly recommended...and thanks for viewing my stellar word-plays for what they are : genius.