Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Idol Idol Idol

Over the past few years, I've quietly boycotted American Idol. Not for any other reason than I thought it was getting kind of worn out - I was getting tired of the same manufacturing of a pop star. I was always the one sitting silent when the table talk turned to Idol chatter...I felt a little left out.
This year, we (in a blaze of glory) entered into the mid 90s by getting a DVR. Since then, I've been recording and grazing through episodes of the show. At a time when I figure everyone should be talking about the Presidential election - it's been American Idol that's dominated the conversation. So, for this reason, I've been glad.
I must say - there are some pretty good singers here and there. But for the most part, I see more media manipulation than ever. I think as of today, there's 20 or so folks left. Are they REALLY the best 20 out of the hundreds of thousands that auditioned?
So, it's with great reluctance that I've been sucked back into the Idol machine.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Welcome to the dark side. We were closet watchers for a long time but finally came out, though not really with pride. Sadly, our Tuesday night family treat now is a bag of popcorn and AI. Sloan loves to rate the singers.

Jenny N said...

i really hate that show. I find it so embarrassing to watch. I have to cover my face when they sing, so I just change the channel and stay away.

matthew said...

first off all, thanks for the re-add.

i only care about what simon says because he's the only person that tells the truth. there are a couple of people that interest me, but there's no way they're the top however many in the country...and Australia.

you should go out for it...you'd be perfect. besides you can have randy call you "dog" about 1,000 times a day, and who doesn't dream of that?