Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The New Way to Meet Neighbors

Today, I'm reading Bingham's History of the Church when I hear a knock on the front door.
I open it and see an older lady that lives down the street from us, who I've seen while walking the dog and such. She says that's she's in a 'situation' and needs my help.

I offer for her to come in, but she says she needs my help at her place. After I throw on a T-Shirt, I go outside and follow her down the street. She explains that she's locked herself out of her house because she lost her garage door opener.

We walk into the back yard and there is a ladder right next to a window. She asked me to crawl through it and open up one of the doors. So I shimmy my way into her bedroom in a small space between her bed and nightstand and go to the back door to let her in.

After she thanked me, I told her my name was Jerod. Her name is Betty. And now we're neighbors.

5 comments:

matthew said...

She probably saw you with your shirt off and locked herself out for an excuse to come over.

Jerod Starkey said...

update : looks like Betty is moving. She just put a for sale by owner sign in her front yard. Maybe me without the shirt is a really bad thing....

matthew said...

Now, if you were as ripped as Dan...

jonny5 said...

i've seen you without your shirt, and hey...

matthew said...

nice blog spam.