Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

Valentines Day, which I like to refer to as VD, isn't particularly one of my favorite holidays. Schmaltz for schmaltz's sake....sorta gags me out.

But this year was better than it's been for me (and I hope for Elaine) in the past.

When I left in the morning to take Harrison to the lake, I noticed that Elaine locked the door behind her as she left for work...and I thought to myself, "ha...my wife locks me in" --- which, is a sweet thing. I guess she doesn't want anyone to come and steal me or something.

So, when I get back from the lake, I notice that the TV is on in the living room, and my Itunes are playing in the study. I didn't really think too much of it. I mean, the door was still locked.

In a few minutes I get an email from Elaine that says, "are you going crazy?". I say no. And she responds with "Are you hearing things". I call her and she answers the phone laughing because she thinks she's so funny. She forget something, and had to run home...and thought it would 'freak me out' to turn everything on. She got the hugest kick out of it....I laughed just because she thought she was so funny.

We finished the night off at Terilli's on Greeneville. If you ever go, get the Italian Nachos...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Elaine confused VD with April Fool's Day...Hilarious! hey maybe you will get a box of chocolates on April Fools. Elaine is my kinda girl. Scaring my husband is one of my favorite past times. Too bad Dan reads this blog or I would give this one a try. Speaking of, I will probably get in trouble for this..oh well.

matthew said...

When i read VD, all I thought of was venereal disease and was so utterly confused.

Jerod Starkey said...

Maybe I will get chocolate on April Fool's day. I'm a candy freak.

Tyson said...

i remember the first VD my wife and i shared.