Monday, January 07, 2008

MASK

I made Elaine watch the movie Mask last night. Well, I didn't really have to force her or anything - but she was a little weary of it to begin with. I mean, the movie stars Cher...that didn't really rope her in to begin with.
Turns out, she really liked the movie. If you haven't seen the movie, you should check it out one Sunday afternoon that you'd rather watch a movie than flip through all the channels that have nothing on.
The main character is this kid named Rocky Dennis - and he has this wild and rare disease where calcium deposits on his face and skull and causes it to become deformed. Anyway - even though I know the story has been 'Hollywood-ified' ... it spoke to me. Here's this kid who can't go anywhere without getting some comment or getting stared at. And in his 17 years of life, he went for it : he didn't let the criticism stop him.
Unfortunately everybody's gonna have trouble in life - but it's usually not the problems that cripple us, it's our attitude.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

jerod. you're smart. i think we need to move back to texas to let your smartness and elaine's wisdom rub off on us. :)
your attitude comment mattered to me today.

Jenny N said...

i love that movie

EAJan678 said...

I thought you were referring to the Jim Carrey Mask movie...I don't know this one with Cher. But for the brief time I thought the two of y'all sat down to watch the green Jim face mask movie, made me smile!

Seth Ward said...

Hey succa!

Saw your website and your new CD! Looks and sounds awesome.

I bawled my eyes out as a young adolescent seeing that film.